Monday, November 12, 2007

TechEd Barcelona - The Event Commences

I'm here in nearly Sunny  Barcelona for TechEd-IT Forum, Microsoft's travelling technology show. I find TechEd a great time to sit back, relax and take stock of things. This is a chance to reflect on what's new and exciting and look forward to see how these technologies might unfold over the coming year(s). In the days of being a freelancer, I also used TechEd to work out what would keep me in work for the coming year.

Unlike in previous years, the Keynote is not until 14:00 on the first day. I suppose this gives folks a chance to get here from the rest of Europe and avoid the Sunday night stay, but it means not much is happening thus far. The press office is unusually quiet!

This year's keynote is being delivered by Bob Kelly, a Corporate Vice President in charge of Infrastructure Server Marketing. I've not heard him speak or seen his speech yet, but with a title like that, I suspect the talk will concentrate on Server 2008. I sure hope he keeps the talk marginally marketing free and concentrates on the IT Pro's view of the product. I also really hope he starts, and finishes on time! I'll report back after the session.

Unlike in previous years, the Keynote is not until 14:00 on the first day. I suppose this gives folks a chance to get here from the rest of Europe and avoid the Sunday night stay, but it means not much is happening thus far.

Technorati tags: , ,

No comments: