Thursday, February 10, 2005

Effective C#

Bill Wagner is a fellow Regional Director, and a pretty smart guy. He's just published a neat book, Effective C#, which has finally made it to the top of my 'must read' pile. This book contains great tips on how to write beter code - and also how to design better under .NET.

The book is divided into 6 logical sections (e.g. C# Language Elements, .NET Resource Management, etc). In each section you'll find a series of essays, each discussing a particular issue in C#. Each essay provides a clear explanation of the issue, offers the programmer alternatives, and shows how to write the most effective code. The tone is very rational - just the facts, with no emotion to cloud the reader's judgment.

Now, I'm not a programmer, and can only do really simple things in C#, so many of the topics in this book are beyond me. Even though I'm not the target audience, I found it a great read. I sure learned a lot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the comments!

I'm glad you enjoyed the book, and I hope it helps you perform more complex tasks with C#.